They visit stock exchange listed dairy farms in China, grazing-based dairy farms in Chile and state-of-the-art farms in the Baltic States. The CRV area managers for the emerging markets serve a client base that extends practically all over the globe. They promote the message of health and efficiency to a huge variety of farms and different cultures. Let’s meet them.
- With a total of 4 million records of feed intake a year, CRV is by far the world leader in breeding cows for Feed Efficiency.
- We proudly present our new website and online sire directory! This brand-new platform is now even more easy to use on mobile devices. Wherever you are, find the sire that suits your herd, view our innovative products and solutions and read interesting news and background articles with just one click.
- Dutch high-tech company Nedap and Dutch/Flemish herd improvement organization CRV have intensified their collaboration by concluding a new cooperative agreement.
- CRV introduced a unique breeding value for feed efficiency in December of 2020. In 2017, CRV became the first herd improvement organization to start large-scale measurement of the feed intake of dairy cows on five working farms with in total 2,000 lactating cows. The aim is to reduce the feed costs for milk production. We currently collect feed intake data from the five working farms and also from 5 research farms on a daily basis. Gerard Meerkerk owns one of the test farms and will share his insights on how to breed for feed efficiency.
- CRV introduced the feed efficiency breeding value in December. Willem Alders has been conducting feed trials for CRV for several years. He sees huge differences, also between similar cows.